Sunday, September 1, 2013

One direction....and a few spoilers about "This is Us"



Hello lovelies!!!
How are you feeling? I'm pretty goodishhh. Haha! So basically I'm writing this right now on my phone to see if I can blog on my phone since my mother is taking her sweet time shopping. Now you might be wondering as to why this blog post is all about one direction. Me too. 

You see I recently just watched their movie "This is Us" with my aunt cause she asked to go see it. So that is one reason I went to go see it. Now the second reason as to why I went to go see is the director is Morgan Spurlock. Now if you don't know who Morgan Spurlock he is the infamous documentary maker who tried living off McDonalds for a whole month and made a movie about it. I happened to watch it and started looking into a few more movies he made and this started my love for his documentaries and movies. So there you go 2 reasons. (Plus I really wanted to see Harry Styles get pants-ed!!) 

So I went to go see it on the day it came out but in the morning cause usually the first showing of the day at the cinema is usually the cheapest. So I spent $20 at the cinema since of course we had to go all out and get the 3d version of the movie! So $10 a pop for each of us. 

To be honest I did not really have an opinion as to what I was expecting for this movie. I thought it was going to be like the Justin Bieber "Never Say Never" movie and the Jonas Brothers' concert whatever the hell the title of their movie was. (I mean no offense to any Jonas Brothers fans out there. I personally do love Nick Jonas). 

So as I was watching the movie it gave me the sense of them being normal everyday guys who just happen to have a big time job that involves them being famous. One line in the movie that really stuck to me was when Harry Styles said "I hate the word famous/fame." And then he went into this detailed explanation about how much he hated it and the obligations and the assumptions as to what people make of them. 

Now keep in mind I love their music. It's really catchy and everything. Though at first I didn't really take a liking to them and thought Zayn Malik was the cutest out of the bunch and thought Harry Styles looked like Golum from Lord of the Rings.

Anyone see it? I think it's cause there eyes are both very round. And possibly facial structure... Now don't hate me for this. Though now I see he seems attractive, I mean he's only human. He's nowhere near Zayn lol. 



Though Zayn Malik and Harry Styles have different appeals and things about them that attract girls. I mean they both sing amazing. Wait I'm getting a bit off topic here. If you want me to post a bit more and analyze them all then post a comment.

Continuing on...the movie in itself showed a side of one direction that is a bit more goofy, real, something more humane (as in things they want in life) it made it seem that what they do is a job and they do try to have fun with it. It also peeked into how demanding their job is physically, emotionally, and mentally. 

There's a clip where there off about to sleep and it's only been about 10 minutes and someone wakes up Zayn to record for their new song, "The Best Song Ever". I mean if that was me I would've postponed it until the next day but he got up and went straight to recording. 

Within the movie it also showed a bit of their backgrounds in life, such as family time. I feel like they focused more on Harry, Zayn, and Liam's families. I wished they showed a bit more of Niall and Louis'. I feel as if they barely showed Louis' but maybe in the next movie they'll show a bit more.

Overall the "lads" were endearing, attractive, funny, a riot, and so much more. There's no wonder as to why the fan girls love them so much. After watching this movie it really helped open my eyes into the ups and downs of fame. I'm sure the guys would've loved to go to every single fan out there and say how much they love them and support them but since fan girls are fan girls I think they would've all been naked by the time they were done thanking them.

I realized that for guys out there in the showbiz world fans aren't afraid to grab and hold onto them. For girls I feel as if they are a bit more calmed down and reserved since girls are a bit more "delicate" in a sense because of the stereotypes.

All in all. I would give this movie 4 stars out of 5. And I am now a converted fan.
Though I can't picture myself being a massive fan girl, I will do my best to support them since they seem like such an awesome and laid back group. 

If you didn't enjoy this post, sorry. But onto the inspiration of the day!!


And until next time!! Remember to keep your head up and spread the love!!



No comments:

Post a Comment